Saturday, October 25, 2014

Slow and steady

Hello everyone,

Coltrane is doing very well.  His recovery is remarkable.  All the nurses and doctors are very astonished at how well he is doing.  His only kidney is taking up the slack easily.  One of his chest tubes was removed today and I think they will remove his ventilator so he can fully breathe on his own.  Coltrane is mostly sleeping but does wake once in a while.  Yesterday, he was having quite some pain so we had to manage that.  It's a big balancing act with his meds/weening and such.  Coltrane really loves to hear us sing to him and loves to reach for us.  It was pretty hard for us because we couldn't do anything.  I wanted to rescue him away but I was helpless.  There's not much worse than not being able to protect your child.  Especially using your own will to resist.  Sounds like what God had to do with his son.  I couldn't imagine watching and letting my son get tortured and mocked and spat on while resisting the strong urge to rescue my son and defeat his persecutors.  Of course, he was letting all that happen to his son for those exact people.  It's so amazing to realize God's character and think about his love and plan while you're going through these times of trials.  Faith, trust, and selflessness is key.  Selflessness because I have to really try hard not to focus on MY pain and trouble, and put my trust in God's hands and his plan.  I'm so happy to know that God isn't flighty.  He is true, strong, and never changes like shifting shadows.  What awesome imagery.  And the love and mercy he gives us is incredible.  I doubt I will ever know how exactly he is working with us, but I trust that it is awesome, because HE IS AWESOME.

Please pray for strength for our family,
for Coltrane's recovery (no more ventilator, drains out, pain managed)
for increase in our faith and trust in the Lord Almighty.
for no stress/anxiety about work 

And thanking God for 
Coltrane being so strong during the surgery/recovery
NO more visible cancer in his body
God giving the doctors wisdom to take even more organs/parts of organs than they thought
God's peace about what's going on in our lives
A flexible job for me
People praying for us all the time
People giving so generously of their time/finances to help us out
A wonderful church that supports their family
Me being able to be here for my family
for a great God who loves us unconditionally.

Love,
Justin,
Sonja,
Jack,
and Coltrane the Uplifited


P.S. 

What great news we received today!  We just heard from our head Oncologist that there is NO cancer left in his bone marrow!  Praise God for this incredible news!  Yay!  I'm not surprised.  I'm surprised (based on Mark 9:24).  This is most encouraging.

Love,
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment