Saturday, October 11, 2014

Upcoming Surgery

Dear friends,

An update on Coltrane.  First of all, he is doing so wonderfully.  You really can't tell at all that he has cancer except for his lack of hair.  :)  He is energetic and knows exactly what he wants and what he doesn't want.  He is very feisty which will be great for all of his treatment.  

Coltrane is scheduled for surgery (removing as much tumor as possible) on his abdomen on October 22 in Tulsa.  He will be put under of course.  The doctors will perform the surgery and place a "G-Tube" in his abdomen.  This will make it possible for us to feed him through the tube so he doesn't get too weak.  The surgery will take around eight hours or so.  They are warning us of possibly having to remove a kidney.  This depends on how much the cancer has wrapped around it.  

We have been home so long (3 weeks?) that it's just starting to hit me on how huge this surgery is.  It's hard not to worry.  I heard once that worrying is a mild form of atheism.  What a statement.  It's nice that I don't have to worry.  Worrying is a choice.  I am not choosing to worry.  I will remember that God has a plan, and the He loves my boy so much greater than I.  Hard to imagine, but not really thinking of what God has done for us through his own son.  I will trust in my Savior for He alone is my deliverer.

Please pray for Coltrane's surgery.  Please pray for no loss of kidney.  Pray that the doctors will perform with miraculous skill and that they will recognize and honor God alone for their performance.  Pray that Coltrane recovers so well.  And please pray for my family as this is so hard to deal with.  Thank you for your support and we love you all so very much!


Love,
Justin,
Sonja,
Jackson,
and Coltrane the Remarkable and Rakish

We also have a great opportunity this month. Throughout the month of October we will be matching all donations given (up to $2,000).  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the update and specific prayer requests -- I am praying for you all now! Praise God for your testimony of faith and hope.

    ReplyDelete