Saturday, December 20, 2014

If you build it, they will come!

Field of dreams is an all time classic and the amount of faith he had to build the baseball field was admirable That is how I feel every time I put out a challenge to support the Smith Family. I am always unsure if we will meet the goal, but God ALWAYS reminds me that if you ask they will give.  Every time you have given above and beyond my goal. It is as if God says, here is you goal and now I am going to double it or even triple it.  I am always humbled by your generosity and appreciate your support for this amazing family.  Thank you for giving. I know many people have asked for a address of where they will be staying, so here it is.  

818 NE 8th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73104

Merry Christmas,
Amber

I wanted to pass on a thank you from the Smith Family too.


Dear Generous Friends and Prayer Warriors,

Before we traveled to OKC, we received an amazing gift. There were so many people that worked together sending gift cards, toys for the boys, and a beautiful scrapbook full of pictures and words of encouragement. I just finished reading through the scrapbook and there were so many things in there that I needed to read at this time. I was so touched by everybody's words. I will cherish them always. I will reread them when I am feeling discouraged or alone. We had a huge outpouring of generosity through many types of gift cards for our family. We have already been putting them to use since we have been here. I knew that we were going to have to take a risk and trust in God when I quit my job and God has definitely used his people to provide generously and abundantly for us during this time. You all are an inspiration to us, your kindness will never be forgotten. Thank you everyone, for giving not only your time and money but also for praying. It feels so good to know there is an "army" of people praying. I also want to say a special thank you to some really awesome kids in the FCS (Fellowship of Christian Students) organization at Gravette. My boys loves their surprises and cards.

Love, 


The Smith Family





No comments:

Post a Comment