Monday, December 29, 2014

Urgent Prayers

Dear friends,

Coltrane has had a fever for five days now.  They are treating him with very large spectrum antibiotics.  He is now also being treated for a fungal infection.  He is in a very sorry state.  His mouth and face are swollen due most likely to the mouth sores he is dealing with, which are extremely painful.  Please pray for Coltrane's fever to go down immediately and that his pain will be over.  Please pray for strength for Sonja and I as it is wearing on us in a heavy way.  It's so hard to watch our son be in so much pain.  The doctors are saying that all of this was to be expected.  He is in the thick of it right now and his numbers are very slowly going up.  We are focusing on trusting God and not being afraid.  Thank you for your support.  We love you all very much.  God is great and He is the Great I Am.

Psalm 56:3-4
When I am afraid
I put my trust in you.
In God, whose word I praise,
in God I trust; I shall not be afraid.
What can flesh do to me?

"Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior"

Love,
Justin,
Sonja,
Jackson,
and Coltrane

2 comments: