Thursday, October 15, 2015

Florida Trip

Hello friends and family,

We have so enjoyed our trip to Florida.  The  beach was wonderful and we were able to see some friends and create awesome memories thanks to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.  So shout out to them.  
     There are no words to describe how grateful and thankful we are to all the people who support us not only financially, but spiritually as well.   We are living witnesses for God’s glory through the use of suffering and torture.  It’s hard to swallow, and it hasn’t (and I don’t think it will ever) sunken in what we’ve been through.  But God is good and we are still praying for a mighty miracle for our young so-loved Coltrane.
     He is doing pretty well.  He is not complaining of his back hurting anymore.  Amen.  He is not declining as quickly as we were told.  Amen.  He is what we would call “stabilized”.  He doesn’t walk at all, and is very grumpy at times, but he is three after all and stubborn like both of his parents…and on steroids.  :)  We look forward to coming home tomorrow, but will miss the ocean.  Make-A-Wish paid for a photographer to take photos of us down here, so we are excited to share those soon.  Thank you for praying.  Thank you for praying.  Thank you so much for praying.
     I had an interesting experience in the ocean today.  I was looking at all the seashells and the ocean, noticing how beautiful they were  I saw God the creator (Elohim) at work here.  I was mesmerized by both the beauty of the shells and the ocean.  I waded for a while in the shallows, then swam out to sea a bit further.  I noticed the waves were stronger and very aggressive.  I felt near to God in this way.  I would let the large waves crash over me hard, and I would go under the sea and get tossed and turned, scraping my back and arms on the sea shells and rocks of the sea floor.  It hurt, but I felt I should do it again.  I swam back to the big waves and let the waves beat me down, punishing me.  I felt close to God knowing that He was in control, not the waves.  I prayed to him.  “Take me.” I said to the waves.  And they did.  I did this around 10 to 12 times.  Each time getting pummeled by the shear power of the water itself.  It made me seem small.  After my punishment I laid on my stomach at the very shallowest part of the water.  I would watch as the peaceful, receding waves slaved back to sea.  Through this, I saw God’s love, care, protectiveness, and gentleness.  God is both powerful, yet gentle.  He is both love and justice in one.  Just as the receding waves and the crashing surf symbolized.  It was very profound and I felt loved and cared for.  The harsh waves I saw the great and powerful Almighty Elohim, and I saw Yahweh, the immanently present one by way of the gentle, white, and calm recession in the shallows.

Please pray for:
Coltrane to be miraculously healed
Our family and friends traveling great distances to see us and be with us
Our trip home tomorrow (Thursday)
Peace in our home
Us to keep our faith and trust in God steady and solid
Jackson to feel secure and loved

Love,
Justin
Sonja,
Jackson

2 comments:

  1. So the tables are turned. I who once taught you about God just got a blessed lesson about God from you! I feel Him in your writing! Thank you Justin. Our prayers continue. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon courage! We are praying. Love from Geneva, Paul and Rachel

    ReplyDelete